Friday 30 September 2016

Playlist: This Month's Breaking More Waves Update


Playlists. They’re bloody everywhere these days aren’t they? It makes you wonder if anyone is actually listening to a singular album anymore. Even more than that, everyone seems to want to be a playlist curator. Particularly bloggers. After all, let’s face it, this stuff is easy. Just take a genre, a theme or just any random selection of tunes and a title and there you have it – you can now put ‘playlist curator’ on your bio.

So this post is about a Breaking More Waves playlist. The concept is simple – it’s intended as a monthly catch up of what I’ve already posted on the blog. I update it at the end of each month. All the old songs disappear and a bunch of new ones magic themselves in. It bundles everything together in one easy place, so if you haven’t had time / can’t be bothered / don’t like reading the blog you can still listen to the music I’ve put on this site in the past month, assuming it’s on Spotify.

So now I can put ‘playlist curator’ on my bio. It will look far cooler than ‘Chartered Surveyor’ or ‘Chartered Manager’ or any of the multitude of boring looking things that actually earn me money and enable me to live my life in the way I want to. Plus unlike those two professional qualifications it only took me 10 minutes to knock up.

So enjoy the Breaking More Waves playlist. All the songs I posted on the blog that you missed . This month's includes indie rock from the likes of Black Honey and Pumarosa, instrumental retro electronics from Stranger Things associated SURVIVE, pop brilliance from Sweden’s Skott and newcomers such as Pets, 4th Chapter and Ider

Why not follow the playlist and make me look cooler and more ‘relevant’ than the 20 people who currently do so after my first couple of attempts at this?

Whilst you’re listening don’t forget that albums exist as well. Right now I’m spending a lot of time with Bon Iver’s 22, A Million. It’s early days but to my ears it is a record that already sounds like it is going to show up on a lot of end of year lists, including mine. You’re probably already familiar with the 2nd song on the album 10 d E A T h b R E a s T, but just in case you’re not, here’s your entry point into a fascinating and immersive body of work that gets better as you go deeper with it. It’s also on the playlist.

Find, play and follow the Breaking More Waves Spotify playlist by clicking here.

Bon Iver - 10 d E A T h b R E a s T


No comments: