Monday 26 May 2014

Sivu - My Oh My (Aquilo Remix)


The majority of remixes that come our way are thumping hell on earth interchangeable club pop bangers – the sort of crowd pleasing formulaic paint by numbers nonsense that Calvin Harris / David Guetta etc will pump out to massive audiences this summer whilst shouting ‘put your hands in the air’ an infinite amount of times before collecting another whopping pay cheque. 

Thankfully Aquilo’s treatment of Sivu's My Oh My comes from a very different place and that place is heaven. This is a remix that refuses to metaphorically shout 'is everybody having a good time?' or 'let me see you jump,' and instead takes the listener (and this is very much a remix to listen to rather than shake a leg at) on a weightless journey through the clouds. 

Sivu - My Oh My (Aquilo Remix)

No comments: